Cassine was a vision of my mom's ( Jennifer Page) a passionate beauty lover and enviornmentalist. When the destruction of the reef started to hit the main stream media, along with seeing evidence of the destruction from the chemicals in sunscreen and traditional beauty products here on our own reefs/marine life - we knew something had to be done. And so we literally and figuratively dove in head first.
Truly we had no idea where this journey would take us, or the true dedication and hard work it would take to run our own businesses and invest in our local economy. Now looking at our local peers here ( COHA,Tuckshop, TABS, True Bermuda, ModBlue, Island Trading, NabApp, Klassique Kids, Shamana Circle, Naked Zero to name a few) we feel hounored to be among such a hard working talented group of entrepranuers who have been in serving our community for many years.
Launching our natural beauty business online, we curated a select group of beauty brands that were in alignment with our enviornmental and sustainability expectations. It's funny that all our brands also happen to be women owned! Since 2018 we have had the opportunity to get to know our wonderful brand owners and their awesome teams.
As the business has grown, we have had the incredible opportunity to meet so many of our beautiful and supportive customers, creating life long friendships. We are so thankful for the endless support our little island has shown us.
In 2020 the world experienced a global pandemic, while we all struggled with how to navigate so many changes - the one silver lining was that we all had an opportunity to really focus on local business - there are so many vibrant interesting businesses that have so much to offer our community.
With 24/7 - 365 online shopping and complimentary next day delivery service, it has been Cassine's focus to provide first class customer service. We are always here to answer any questions you have, and because we are a local business we are super easy to access - whatever your need maybe!
We've learned so much in the short time we've been in business. One of the main things we've learned is that our local Bermuda business market is RICH with dynamic products and services, so much so there is really no reason to ever shop overseas!
2020 Vision: Our eyes and out hearts are set on investing in Bermuda even more than we already have. We have some exciting projects on the horizon and we cannot not wait for you to be part of the next phase in our local business - it will involve even more contribution and innovation to the community, bringing about even more exciting opportunities for local shoppers here on the island.
Here are some more reasons to SHOP BERMUDA all year round :
1. Local Economic Stimulus. When you purchase at locally owned businesses rather than shopping from over-seas - more money is kept in the community because locally-owned businesses often purchase from other local businesses, service providers and farms. Purchasing local helps grow other businesses as well as the local tax base.
2. Non Profits Receive Greater Support. Local business owners donate more to local charities - where companies like Amazon for example donate nothing.
3. Unique Businesses Create Character & Prosperity. The unique character of your local community is defined in large part by the business that reside there, and that plays a big factor in your overall satisfaction with where you live and the value of you home and property.
4. Environmental Impact Is Reduced. Small local business usually set up shop in the town/village center, providing a centralized variety that is much friendlier to a community’s enviornment. This greatly reduces the impact of many people bringing in tons of small items from overseas which is vastly contributing to the carbon footprint and degregatin on the planet.
5. Most New Jobs Are Provided By Local Businesses. Small local businesses are the largest employers nationally. Plus the more jobs you have in your local community the less people are going to have to commute which means more time and less traffic and pollution.
6. Customer Service Is Better. Local businesses often hire people with more specific product expertise for better customer service. You are also going to see these people around town and they are less likely to blow you off or be rude because they have to face you day after day. Also in the case of Bermuda - you can return items as opposed to just being ' stuck' with something that you don't like to have recieved something that's broken or the wrong product.
7. Local Business Owners Invest In Community. Local businesses are owned by people who live in this community, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s welfare and future.
8. Public Benefits Far Outweigh Public Costs. Local businesses require comparatively little infrastructure and more efficiently utilize public services relative to chain stores.
9. Competition And Diversity Leads To More Consumer Choices. A marketplace of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and low prices over the long-term.
10. You Matter More. We talk a lot about exerting influence with your purchasing choices, or “voting with your wallet.” It’s a fact that your values and desires are much more influential to your local community than any overseas business with no connection to the island.
We love Bermuda, our customers and supporting local businesses like ours. We support local, our economy becomes stronger and our society grows! #chooseBDA